Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about The Retreat at Louisville cottages? Search for an answer among the following FAQs.
- Are grills allowed on the patios or decks?
- Due to Louisville Fire code, grills/open flames are NOT permitted.
- Are pets allowed?
- Yes, The Retreat is
pet-friendly! We allow cats and dogs up to 65 lbs. We charge a $250 non-refundable
pet fee and a $25 monthly pet rent. No aggressive breeds (including but not limited to) Akita, Doberman Pincher, Rottweiler, Dalmatian, Pit Bull, Chow, Wolf Hybrid & Bull Mastiff.
- Can I pay my bill with a credit card?
- We accept online payments from
Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express or an electronic check. There is a small
convenience charge for this service.
- How do I secure my spot?
- First you must complete your application, which can be done online. After we process your application, we'll move forward to a Lease Agreement. Finally, you will invite your Parental or Sponsor Guaranty to complete their portion. All of the paperwork can be completed online!
- How are roommates matched?
- We have partnered with RoomSync to provide a modern matching platform where residents choose their own roommates. After you complete the leasing process you will be emailed a link to join our RoomSync network. You will then log in to RoomSync using Facebook, create a matching profile, and begin your search to find your new best friend - or roommate for starters. If you already have a roommate in mind, you can confirm your roommate request within RoomSync.
- How are rooms assigned?
- Residents who already have preferred roommates can confirm their roommate match requests using RoomSync, our roommate matching platform. If they do not already have a roommate, residents will search for and choose their own roommate using RoomSync. Residents will be able to communicate with each other during and after the selection process. In the event that potential roommates discover that they are no longer compatible, they can request a different roommate and we will do our best to accommodate any change request. To provide sufficient time and the greatest opportunity for residents to find the perfect roommate, they should apply and sign a lease as early as possible.
- If I am over 21, do I need a guarantor?
Yes. All leases are required to have a guarantor. If an approved guarantor cannot be obtained, EdR Management, Inc. will accept a security deposit of one and a half (1.5) month's rent.
- Are the apartments furnished?
- All cottages are fully furnished! Our cottages come with a couch, chair, coffee
table, end table, entertainment stand, dining room table with chairs, queen
size bed with TEMPUR-PEDIC mattress, bedside table, dresser, and student desk
with chair. All cottages come with stainless
steel kitchen appliances.
- When can I move in?
- We are now pre-leasing for
Fall 2017 in available unit types. Your move-in date will be August 18, 2017. Classes at UofL begin
August 21, 2017 so you will have plenty of time to get settled in! We do offer early arrival at a $30/day charge. Early Arrival dates are to be determined and information will be sent out. There is limited availability for Fall 2017 currently. Please call the office at 502-792-0607 before applying.
- What size are the beds in furnished cottages?
- All of our beds are queen size.
- What types of leases are available?
- We offer 12-month leases. Each lease will begin mid-August and end July 31st. If a shorter lease term is needed, please call the office at 502-792-0607 for more information.
- What types of cottages are available?
- We offer 18 different floor plans in 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6 bedroom layouts. All of our floor plans feature private bathrooms and some even have an additional half bath!
- Can I pick my bedroom?
- We encourage all residents to request a bedroom on the roommate matching card section of their online application.
- What utilities are included in my rent?
- Your monthly rent installment includes water, trash, extended basic cable with HD and HBO, and Internet with WiFi. The only thing you are responsible for is electricity!
- Where is the property located?
- We are located at 1000
Manor Park drive - just off of Davies Avenue behind the new Student Rec Center.
The property has pedestrian access to the UofL campus via the pedestrian
bridge. Shops, restaurants, and more are all within walking distance as well!